Getting to the Zoo
The Zoo is located three miles south of downtown Dallas, on the I-35 frontage road between Marsalis Ave. and Ewing Ave.
Construction and some temporary road closures around the Zoo recently have caused some map apps to lose their minds.
Don’t let them lead you astray – here’s your guide to get to the Dallas Zoo!
Heading Southbound on I-35:
- Take the new Ewing Ave. / Marsalis Ave. exit (Exit 426) – look for it as soon as you pass the Colorado Blvd. exit.
- Stay on that frontage road for approx. 1.5 miles. (see the map to help navigate the lane shifts)
- Once you pass Ewing Ave., get in the left lane and use the new U-turn for easy access to the northbound frontage road.
- The entrance to the Zoo is waiting for you, just under the giant giraffe!
Heading Northbound on I-35:
- Take the new Marsalis Ave. / Ewing Ave. exit – look for it just before you get to Beckley Ave overpass.
- Stay on the northbound frontage road for approx. 1 mile.
- Once you pass through the light at Marsalis Ave., the entrance to the Zoo is waiting for you, just under the giant giraffe!
We’re seeing significant progress on the I-35 Southern Gateway construction project surrounding the Zoo’s entrance!
- There is a NEW combined Ewing Avenue / Marsalis Avenue exit if you’re headed southbound on I-35 – it is clearly marked and includes signage directing you to the Dallas Zoo!
You now have options as you approach Marsalis Avenue on the southbound frontage road:
- You can take a left at the light at Marsalis Avenue and a left onto the northbound frontage road.
- OR, you can use the left lane on the southbound frontage road to use the NEW turnaround to skip the lights!
- Take the combined Ewing Avenue / Marsalis Avenue exit from I-35E.
- Take a left at the Marsalis Avenue light OR stay in the left lane and take the new turnaround to skip the light at Marsalis.
- Go 1/8 mile on the north bound service road.
- Turn right at the giant giraffe statue marking the entrance to the Dallas Zoo’s Parking Lot.
Take the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) RED LINE to the Dallas Zoo Station.
How to Plan Ahead
- Consider taking DART Red Line or ride shares to avoid parking and traffic.
- Follow us on social media (@DallasZoo), and check this page for updated traffic alerts.