Getting to the Zoo
The southbound I-35 Ewing Ave. / Marsalis Ave. exit ramp that typically brings you to the Dallas Zoo has been RELOCATED!
Beginning Friday, September 18, you will exit from southbound I-35 much earlier. The Ewing Ave. / Marsalis Ave. exit ramp will now be located just past the Colorado Blvd. exit. You will still see the brown Dallas Zoo destination marker on the exit signage.
- Take the Beckley Ave. / 12th Street exit
- Take a right onto Beckley Ave.
- Take a right onto Jefferson Blvd.
- Take a right onto Marsalis Ave. and go over the I-35 bridge
- Take a left onto the northbound I-35 frontage road to the main Dallas Zoo entrance
We’re seeing significant progress on the I-35 Southern Gateway construction project surrounding the Zoo’s entrance!
- There is a NEW combined Ewing Avenue / Marsalis Avenue exit if you’re headed southbound on I-35 – it is clearly marked and includes signage directing you to the Dallas Zoo!
- You now have options as you approach Marsalis Avenue on the southbound frontage road:
- You can take a left at the light at Marsalis Avenue and a left onto the northbound frontage road.
- OR, you can use the left lane on the southbound frontage road to use the NEW turnaround to skip the lights!
Here are some ways you can plan ahead:
- Check traffic apps for alternate routes to avoid construction and lane closures.
- Consider taking DART Red Line or ride shares to avoid parking.
- Follow us on social media (@DallasZoo), and check this page for updated traffic alerts.
The Zoo is located three miles south of downtown Dallas, on I-35E at the Marsalis Ave. exit.
Take the combined Ewing Avenue / Marsalis Avenue exit from I-35E.
Take a left at the Marsalis Avenue light OR stay in the left lane and take the new turnaround to skip the light at Marsalis.
Go 1/8 mile on the north bound service road.
Turn right at the giant giraffe statue marking the entrance to the Dallas Zoo’s Parking Lot.
Take the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) RED LINE to the Dallas Zoo Station.
TxDOT is working on I-35E as part of a major construction project that is now underway and may affect your trip to the Zoo. Check this page for the latest traffic alerts!