Zoo Crew is designed for youth ages 13-17 who have completed the Zoo Crew Training Program and are interested in continuing their experience with the Zoo. Participating in year-round Zoo Crew includes but is not limited to:
- Guest engagement at the Dallas Zoo & Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park with a primary focus on conservation education, using bio-facts, and leading games & activities, with the goal of sharing information about our animals and conservation efforts
- Assisting animal zoologists with animal care and husbandry duties
- Assisting with education programs including: camps, overnights, preschool age programs, family pop-up programs
- Assisting with special events at different times throughout the year
Please be aware: not all year-round Zoo Crew members will have the option to partake in all of these tasks.
- Year-round participants will schedule their own shifts. They can work up to 16 hours per week.
- Complete a minimum of 60 hours of volunteering per year to remain in the program, and pay the annual renewal fee of $75.
With a self-scheduling model, dates will be available 7 days a week, year-round. Some exclusions will apply.
There is no application for year-round Zoo Crew. All individuals interested in the year-round Zoo Crew are required to first participate in the Zoo Crew Training Program. Upon completion of the training program, youth learning staff will invite select individuals to join Zoo Crew.