Homeschoolers and their families are invited to join us for a special day of fun and learning at the Zoo!
Join us for an exciting adventure as we trek across Texas biomes during Homeschool Day. Explore how our very own backyard mirrors four out of the five biomes found across the globe. From arid deserts to lush forests, uncover the fascinating ecosystems right here in Texas.
- $10 non-members
- FREE for members
- Children 2 and under are free
- Pre-registration is required. Registration fee includes discounted admission to the Zoo (for non-members) but does not include parking.
- Coming soon
Plan Your Day
Zoo Sponsored Activities
- Stop by our Homeschool Day Welcome Station to pick up your Ranger Booklet. Then, visit four research stations to participate in hands-on activities and learn about conservation efforts happening across Texas biomes. Get your Ranger Booklet stamped when you complete each activity.
- Wild Encounters* – Head to the Wild Encounters Stage Presented by Kimberly-Clark Corporation to get up and close with a variety of animals. 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
- Keeper Chats – Learn more about your favorite Dallas Zoo animals from the zoologists who care for them! Keeper Chats are held outside of the corresponding animal habitat area.
- Career Chats – Middle schoolers and high schoolers can take advantage of our Career Chats taking place 15 minutes before each Keeper Chat. Our zoologists will share their journey to the Zoo.
- Partner Tables – Stop by our partner tables to enjoy some hands-on learning.
- Zoo Crew and Camps – Explore volunteer opportunities at the Zoo for students ages 13-17 and camp opportunities for K-6th graders.
- Community Science Action Project – Don’t forget to help us with our action project.
* Wild Encounters are subject to scheduling changes depending on animal comfort level and the weather.
what others are saying