Cricket chirps aren’t the only sounds you’ll hear on Saturday nights at the Zoo this summer. Original artists and tribute bands will fill the park with music during our Safari Nights concert series on Saturdays, starting Memorial Day weekend.
For 10 consecutive Saturday nights, May 28 to July 30, guests can embrace a blend of nature and live music on shady Cat Green. Bring blankets or lawn chairs to enjoy the show, or reserve a six-person cabana.
Get close to stars of the Zoo’s Animal Adventures outreach program and catch a special presentation of Wonders of the Wild, presented by Kimberly-Clark, the dynamic, interactive wildlife show featuring birds and mammals from all over the world.
The events, which start at 6 p.m., will bring music to Texas’ largest zoo until 9 p.m. Food will be available for purchase, along with soft drinks, cold craft beer and wine.
- May 28 – The Killdares: Get your Irish on at Cat “Green” — the obvious location to listen to this popular Celtic rock band.
- June 4 – Rich Girls: Yacht rock rhythms make a splash with this Hall & Oates cover band.
- June 11 – Hard Night’s Day: See Texas beetles at Bug U! before listening to the Beatles’ best music from this Texas band.
- June 18 – Satisfaction: Rolling stones may gather no moss, but there’s plenty of nature all around when this Rolling Stones cover band performs.
- June 25 – Escape: Take a trip down memory lane with this Journey tribute band.
- July 2 – Rebirth Brass Band: Our antelope have horns – but this New Orleans institution has a lot more.
- July 9 – The Landsharks: Parrotheads can feed our feathered friends at Lorikeet Landing and Travis & Zach’s Birds Landing before listening to Jimmy Buffet hits.
- July 16 – Limelight: The cool cats in this 10-piece party band would blow the roof off Cat Green – if it had a roof – with their high-energy performance.
- July 23 – Petty Theft & The Bird Dogs: Popular with their P1s, The Ticket SportsRadio presents “Animals’ Night Out” with Mike Rhyner in the Tom Petty tribute band and George Dunham playing country rock with The Bird Dogs.
- July 30 – The O’s: Oh wow! The natural setting is perfect for acoustic instrumentals blended into catchy pop songs.
Keep in rhythm all evening with the following schedule:
- 6 p.m.: Wonders of the Wild show presented by Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- 6:30 p.m.: Animal Adventures presentation on Cat Green
- 7 p.m.: Concert begins on Cat Green
- 7:30 p.m.: Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo and Travis & Zach’s Birds Landing close
- 8 p.m.: Giraffe feeding, Koala Walkabout presented by Kimberly-Clark Corporation, and Lorikeet Landing close
- 8:30 p.m.: Herpetarium and the T-Rex Express mini train close
- 9 p.m.: Concert ends and Endangered Species Carousel closes
Please note that schedule may change; check the daily program sign next to the carousel for that day’s schedule.
Safari Nights is free with Zoo admission, which is $15 for ages 12-64; $12 for ages 3-11 and seniors; and free for children under 2 and members. Gates open on Saturdays at 9 a.m. and parking is $8 per vehicle (free for members). Want to avoid traffic and not worry about driving? Take the DART Red Line to Dallas Zoo Station for curbside service.