Saturday evenings will once again be rockin’ at the Dallas Zoo this summer, when the Safari Nights concert series features live music from original songwriters and tribute bands, extended hours and a chance to mingle with some of the Zoo’s wildest stars.
For 10 consecutive Saturday nights, May 30 to Aug. 1, guests can embrace a blend of nature and live music on shady Cat Green. Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets or lawn chairs to enjoy the show, or reserve a six-person cabana!
Get close to stars of the Zoo’s Animal Adventures outreach program and catch a special presentation of DinoSOAR, presented by Kimberly-Clark, the dynamic, interactive wildlife show featuring birds and mammals from all over the world.
The concerts, which start at 7 p.m., will bring music to Texas’ largest zoo until 9 p.m. Food will be available for purchase, along with soft drinks, cold craft beer and wine.
The concert lineup, arranged through a partnership with The Kessler in Oak Cliff, includes:
- May 30 – Petty Theft (Tom Petty tribute band) and The Bird Dogs: The Ticket SportsRadio Presents “Animals Night Out!”
- June 6 – The Relatives (psychedelic gospel funk)
- June 13 – Escape (Journey tribute band): 106.1 KISS-FM Night
- June 20 – Trout Fishing in America (eclectic folk/rock): 102.9 NOW-FM Night
- June 27 – The Killdares (Celtic rock)
- July 4 – Live 80 (’80s tribute band)
- July 11 – A Hard Night’s Day (Beatles tribute band)
- July 18 – Sara Hickman (Texas singer/songwriter): 102.9 NOW-FM Night
- July 25 – FastLane (Eagles tribute band)
- August 1 – The O’s (roots rock): 106.1 KISS-FM Night
The Safari Nights event schedule includes:
- Lion Keeper Talk: 5 p.m.
- Elephant Keeper Talk: 6:30 p.m.
- DinoSOAR, presented by Kimberly Clark: 6 p.m.
- Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo Keeper Encounters: 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Wild Encounters Stage animal presentations: Every half-hour until 6 p.m.
- Animal Adventures: 6:30 p.m.
- Concerts: 7 p.m.
- Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo and Travis & Zach’s Birds Landing open until 7:30 p.m.
- Giraffe Feeding, Koala Walkabout, and Lorikeet Landing open until 8 p.m.
- Giants of the Jurassic exhibit and T-Rex Express mini train open until dark
Safari Nights is free with Zoo admission, which is $15 for ages 12-64; $12 for ages 3-11 and seniors; and free for children under 2 and members. Cabana rental packages are $175 for members, and $250 for non-members. Gates open on Saturdays at 9 a.m. and parking is $8 per vehicle (free for members). Want to avoid traffic and not worry about driving? DART is the Zoo’s Official Transportation Provider; take the DART Red Line straight to our entrance for curbside service.