Safari Nights Powered by Breeze Energy
Cricket chirps aren’t the only sounds you’ll hear on Saturday nights at the Zoo this summer. Original artists and tribute bands will fill the park with music during our Safari Nights Powered by Breeze Energy concert series on Saturdays.
For 11 consecutive Saturday nights, May 6 to July 15, guests can embrace a blend of nature and live music on shady Cat Green. Bring blankets or lawn chairs to enjoy the show, or reserve a private cabana that includes chairs and fans under a tent.
Get close to stars of the Zoo’s Animal Adventures outreach program and catch a special presentation of Wonders of the Wild, presented by Kimberly-Clark, the dynamic, interactive wildlife show featuring birds and mammals from all over the world.
Food will be available for purchase, along with soft drinks, cold beer and wine. Events and activities begin at 5 p.m. with bands going on around 7 p.m.
- May 6 – Los Texmaniacs: Grammy-winning TexMex out of San Antonio
- May 13 – Petty Theft: Sportsradio The Ticket’s Mike Rhyner in the Tom Petty tribute band
- May 20 – Memphis Soul: Eight-piece group delivering Motown and classic dance hits
- May 27 – A Hard Night’s Day: The Beatles’ best music
- June 3 – Trout Fishing: Family-friendly eclectic folk
- June 10 – The O’s: Acoustic instrumental catchy pop songs
- June 17 – Ice House: Dynamic and high-energy party hits
- June 24 – Rebirth Brass Band: New Orleans brass and jazz
- July 1 – Four Way Street: Musical tribute to Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
- July 8 – Escape: Journey’s greatest sing-a-long hits
- July 15 – Prophets and Outlaws: Red dirt Texas country jams
Safari Nights Powered by Breeze Energy is free with Zoo admission, which is $15 for ages 12-64; $12 for ages 3-11 and seniors; and free for children under 2 and members. Gates open on Saturdays at 9 a.m. and parking is $8 per vehicle (free for members). Want to avoid traffic and not worry about driving? Take the DART Red Line to Dallas Zoo Station for curbside service.
Thanks to all of our sponsors: