HOMESCHOOL DAY AT THE DALLAS ZOO!
April 9, 2018
A day especially for homeschooling families! Join us for a day of learning and fun throughout the Dallas Zoo. The day includes: hands-on STEAM activities, community partner activity booths, and Zoo admission. Primary adult tickets (Zoo Members: $7, Non-Members: $10) include an activity backpack with a resource packet of activities to take home and other items. Additional backpacks can be purchased during registration.
- Zoo Member Adult – $7 (Includes Backpack), Zoo Member Child (ages 3 – 14) – $3, Extra Adult – $3
- Non-Member Adult – $10 (Includes Backpack), Non-Member Child (ages 3 – 14) – $6, Extra Adult – $6
- Children ages 0 – 2, Free
- Additional Backpacks: $4
Additional Backpacks and are purchased with your Homeschool Day at the Zoo tickets in the add-ons section.
Registration Coming Soon!
HOMESCHOOL DAY AT THE CHILDREN’S AQUARIUM AT FAIR PARK!
Feb. 12, 2018
A day especially for homeschooling families at our affiliated Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park! Join us for a day of learning and fun that includes six hands-on activities about ocean science, two community partner activity booths, and aquarium admission.
- Adult – $4
- Youth – $4
- Children ages 0 – 2, Free
FIELD TRIPS for Homeschool Groups
Plan your field trip to the Dallas Zoo today! With over 106 acres to explore, the Dallas Zoo is the largest zoological experience in Texas! Bring your homeschool association group for field trip at a discounted admission rate. Groups must preregister at least two weeks in advance of their scheduled date to qualify.
Cost: $6/student, $6/adult (teachers or chaperones), 1 free adult/10 students. School buses park for free. All other vehicles pay posted parking rate.
Additional Field Trip Experiences. Add one or more of the following:
Make A Reservation
Reservation forms must be received at least two (2) weeks in advance. Reservations cannot be accepted on special event days (including Science Day, Dollar Day, Homeschool Day). The Zoo is closed on Christmas Day. Please note that April and May are high volume school group months, especially during state testing. Please plan travel and entrance times accordingly.
Our instructor-led classroom programs and guided tours can be scheduled Monday-Friday between 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Admission: Payment for Zoo admission is due upon arrival. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT FOR ADMISSION AHEAD OF TIME. Credit cards, cash, or institutional checks are accepted at the ticket gate. We do not accept POs. Final head counts for admission will be made at the ticket gate on the day of your field trip. Admission will be charged for the number of students and adults present with you at that time. Instructor-led programs must be paid in full separately and at least one (1) week in advance.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
The Dallas Zoo is open rain or shine. Your reservation may be rescheduled once without penalty. Additional reschedules will be charged $25 per instance. Field trips and programs will be cancelled if DISD is closed due to severe weather. Rescheduling fees due to DISD closure will be waived. Reschedule dates should be at least two (2) weeks in advance. We will do our best to accommodate late arrivals, but we reserve the right to cancel or adjust programs as needed. All changes and requests must be submitted in writing to Education@DallasZoo.com. Refunds will not be issued for any amount under $20, for program changes/cancellations made within one (1) week of the scheduled date, or for no-show groups.
Code of Conduct
Teachers and chaperones will be held responsible for student conduct. Any behavior that endangers the safety of our animals, staff or other visitors will result in your group being expelled from our facility.
- DO have students wear nametags that include their name, school, and teacher’s name (no safety pins)
- DO stay with their assigned chaperones at all times.
- DO understand that animals, like us, need rest and privacy. If an animal is not visible, check back later.
- DO pick up your trash. Please dispose of garbage in trash or recycling bins.
- DO stay on pathways.
- DO walk, not run.
- DO use quiet voices.
- DO be patient and look all around the exhibit. Animals are adapted to blend in with their surroundings. They may be resting nearby.
- DON’T feed animals. They are on a carefully balanced diet.
- DON’T climb on rocks, walls, or fences.
- DON’T deface Zoo or Aquarium property.
- DON’T pick plants or flowers.
- DON’T tap on exhibit glass, scream, spit and/or throw objects of any kind into exhibits. This behavior is disrespectful and will not be tolerated.
The Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to change pricing and policies without notice.
The Education Office is open Monday-Friday during regular Zoo hours. Contact us at Education@DallasZoo.com or 469.554.7300.