Lights Out Overnight
“LIGHTS OUT” GROUP OVERNIGHTS
- AGES 7 AND UP
Ever wonder what it would be like to spend the night at the Zoo? Find out with a Dallas Zoo “Lights Out” overnight experience! Join us as we show you the fascinating world of animals through Zoo tours, activities, special talks, and an opportunity to see some of our Education animals up-close.
“Lights Out” overnights are offered to organizational groups only (i.e. scouts, schools). All participants must be at least 7 years old. We do not accept requests for family groups*, birthday parties, corporate events, etc. (*Family Overnights are available on select dates at the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park)
Cost: $45-$50/participant (students and chaperones). Zoo membership does not apply.
What’s included in your “Lights Out” overnight?
- An after-hours instructor-led tour of ZooNorth and the Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo
- A “Lights Out” late night snack (eat dinner before you come).
- A continental breakfast that includes a selection of pastries, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice.
- Up-close encounters with some of our Education animals.
- An official Dallas Zoo “Lights Out” souvenir patch for each youth participant.
- A morning Monorail Safari ride (weather dependent)
- Giraffe feeding coupons
- Entrance to the Zoo the following day for all participants and chaperones.
- SCOUTS! Add on a special Badge Program to your overnight experience and receive 5% off the total cost of your registration!
Select from one of our “Lights Out” Overnight Sleeping Options:
|Spend the night in one of our African Safari sleeping spaces. In the morning, a continental breakfast will be served as you watch elephants, giraffes, and more explore the Giants of the Savanna! Please note that groups of over 25 may be split into separate sleeping spaces.
|Spend the night inside one of our classrooms or event spaces. In the morning, enjoy the sights and sounds of our ZooNorth residents as you feast on a delicious continental breakfast! Please note that groups of over 25 may be split into separate sleeping spaces.
|Spend a night under the stars in their own tents on our grassy Cat Green! Keep an eye out for our Texas Cats as you enjoy a continental breakfast served under the Cat Green Pavilion. This experience can accommodate up to 20, 8’x10’ tents.
|Spend the night sleeping inside our super cool Reptile and Amphibian Building! Start off your morning with a tasty continental breakfast served in the fresh air of our Picnic Area before heading out for an up-close animal encounter.
Choose from these available dates:
Scheduling Your “Lights Out” Overnight
Reservations are accepted on a first-come basis. Payment must be submitted with the reservation form, at least two (2) weeks in advance. We require a minimum of 10 participants per group. Overnights are not exclusive to your group and we may book multiple groups in one night. We require all participants to be pre-registered. Reservations must be finalized at least two (2) weeks in advance, however, we cannot guarantee that additional guests can be accommodated at that time. For large groups, a minimum deposit for 15 participants may be accepted at registration although we do ask you provide an accurate estimate of your total headcount on your registration form.
Cost: $45-50 /participant (students and chaperones). One adult chaperone per ten participants is required. Chaperones must accompany participants throughout the overnight experience, including all walks, tours, and activities. Boys and girls sleep in separate areas. Chaperones must enforce and abide by Dallas Zoo rules. Please note that chaperones are allocated as follows:
- 1-9 students – No free chaperones
- 10-19 students – One (1) free chaperone
- 20-29 students – Two (2) free chaperones, etc…
What should I bring/not bring? (For more details, check out our most Frequently Asked Questions)
- A flashlight (it gets dark) and refillable water bottle are encouraged (please no glass bottles). We do not allow outside food or beverages (except water) on our programs.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Electronic equipment, aside from cameras, is not allowed, and while we do allow adults to carry cell phones we ask that you refrain from using them unless it is an emergency.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption are not allowed during our programs. We reserve the right to search any coolers you bring into the Zoo, and if you are found with alcohol, you may be asked to leave the program with your group, and your overnight will NOT be refunded.
- Please do not bring pets or other animals with you on your program – we have plenty for you to see!
Cancellation/Rescheduling PolicyThe Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to cancel any program for reasons we deem appropriate. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within two weeks of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. Your reservation must be finalized at least two weeks in advance. No credits or refunds will be issued for changes/cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups.
The Education Office is open Monday-Friday during regular Zoo hours. Contact us at Education@DallasZoo.com or 469.554.7300.