Lights Out Overnight
AGES 7 AND UP
Ever wonder what it would be like to spend the night at the Zoo? Find out with a Dallas Zoo Lights Out Overnight experience! Join us as we show you the fascinating world of animals through Zoo tours, activities, special talks, and an opportunity to see some of our Education animals up-close.
Lights Out Overnights are offered seasonally to organizational groups (i.e. scouts, schools) on select Friday and Saturday nights.
Check back soon for upcoming August dates.
$50 per youth
$50 per adult (no free chaperones)
All participants must be at least 7 years old. We cannot accommodate special events/requests such as birthday parties, reunions, etc. Maximum 50 participants per night. Zoo membership does not apply.
What’s included in your Lights Out Overnight?
- An after-hours instructor-led tour of ZooNorth and the Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo
- A late night snack (eat dinner before you come).
- A continental breakfast that includes a selection of pastries, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice.
- Up-close encounters with some of our Education animals.
- An official Dallas Zoo Lights Out souvenir patch for each youth participant.
- Giraffe feeding coupons
- Entrance to the Zoo the following day for all participants.
Check Out Our Aquarium Overnight- Sleep with the Fishes at the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park!
Select dates available during the months of January and February.
General Scheduling Information
Reservations must be made at least two (2) weeks in advance. Overnights are not exclusive to your group and we may book multiple groups in one night (maximum of 50 participants per night). We require all participants to be preregistered. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that subsequent requests for additional guests to your group can be accommodated. For large groups, we will accept a minimum deposit for 15 participants although we do ask you provide an accurate estimate of your total headcount at registration.
Accommodations: Sleeping spaces will be assigned based on several factors, including availability, group size, and staffing, and are not exclusive to your group. Groups should be prepared to share sleeping spaces. Groups of more than 25 participants may be split into separate sleeping spaces. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee separate sleeping spaces for groups with co-ed chaperones and youth participants.
If you are interested in a tent camping overnight experience (you bring your own tents), please contact the Education Office at 469.554.7300 or Education@DallasZoo.com to discuss availability.
Chaperone Guidelines: Chaperones must accompany participants throughout the overnight experience, including all walks, tours, and activities. Please ensure that there is a sufficient number of chaperones to supervise your group at all times.
What should I bring/not bring?
- A flashlight (it gets dark) and refillable water bottle are encouraged (please no glass bottles). We do not allow outside food or beverages (except water) on our programs.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Electronic equipment, aside from cameras, is not allowed, and while we do allow adults to carry cell phones we ask that you refrain from using them unless it is an emergency.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption are not allowed during our programs. We reserve the right to search any coolers you bring into the Zoo, and if you are found with alcohol, you may be asked to leave the program with your group, and your overnight will NOT be refunded.
- Please do not bring pets or other animals with you on your program – we have plenty for you to see!
Cancellation PolicyLights Out Overnights will be held rain or shine. The Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to cancel or change any program for reasons we deem appropriate. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within two weeks of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. Reschedule requests must be received in writing at least 2 weeks in advance of your scheduled program date. No credits or refunds will be issued for changes or cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups.
The Education Office is open Monday-Friday during regular Zoo hours. Contact us at Education@DallasZoo.com or 469.554.7300.