Lights Out Overnight
GROUP OVERNIGHTS – AGES 7 AND UP
Ever wonder what it would be like to spend the night at the Zoo? Now you can find out with a Dallas Zoo “Lights Out” overnight experience! Join us as we show you the fascinating world of animals through activities, special talks, and tours of the Zoo at night.
Group Overnights are available Friday and Saturday nights to education-based organizational groups (including scouts) with 10 or more participants.
Family African Safari Overnights are available twice a year on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
We do not accept requests for Overnight birthday parties, family reunions, corporate events, etc.
Overnights are designed for kids ages 7 and older. Check-in begins at 6:30 p.m. Check-out is at 10:00 a.m. the following day.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A LIGHTS OUT OVERNIGHT?
- An after-hours instructor-led tour of ZooNorth and the Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo
- A “Lights Out” late night snack (eat dinner before you come).
- A continental breakfast that includes a selection of pastries, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice.
- Up-close encounters with some of our Education animals.
- An official Dallas Zoo “Lights Out” souvenir patch for each youth participant.
- A morning Monorail Safari ride (weather dependent)
- Giraffe feeding coupons
- Entrance to the Zoo the following day for all participants and chaperones.
- SCOUTS! Add on a special Badge Program to your Overnight experience and receive 5% off the total cost of your registration!
Cost: $45-$50/participant (students and chaperones). Zoo membership does not apply.
ZOO OVERNIGHT SLEEPING OPTIONS
- African Safari ($50/person)– Guests will spend the night in one of our African Safari sleeping areas. In the morning, a continental breakfast will be served on the majestic deck of the Simmons Safari Base Camp as you watch elephants, giraffes, and more explore the Giants of the Savanna! Please note that groups of over 25 may be split into separate sleeping spaces.
- Classroom Camp-In ($45/person)– Guests will spend the night inside one of our classrooms or event spaces. In the morning, enjoy the sights and sounds of our ZooNorth residents as you feast on a delicious continental breakfast! Please note that groups of over 25 may be split into separate sleeping spaces.
- Herpetologist’s Headquarters ($45/person)– Guests will spend the night sleeping inside our ssss-super cool Reptile & Amphibian Building! Start off your morning with a tasty breakfast served in the fresh air of our Picnic Area before heading out for an up-close animal encounter.
- Starlight Camp Out ($45/person)– Guests will spend a night under the stars in their own tents on our grassy Cat Green! Keep an eye out for our Texas Cats as you enjoy a continental breakfast served under the Cat Green Pavilion. This experience can accommodate up to 20, 8’x10’ tents.
We require one adult chaperone per ten participants. Chaperones must accompany participants throughout the overnight experience, including all walks, tours, and activities. Boys and girls sleep in separate areas. Chaperones must enforce and abide by Dallas Zoo rules. We do not allow outside food or beverages (except water, no glass bottles) on our programs. Smoking and alcohol consumption are not allowed during our programs. We reserve the right to search any coolers you bring into the Zoo, and if you are found with alcohol, you may be asked to leave the program with your group, and your overnight will not be refunded. Please note that chaperones are allocated as follows:
1-10 students – No free chaperones
11-20 students – One (1) free chaperone
21-30 students – Two (2) free chaperones, etc…
Overnights are booked on a first come, first served basis. Reservations are made by submitting a completed registration form, with payment, at least two (2) weeks in advance. For large groups, a minimum deposit for 15 participants may be accepted at registration although we do ask you provide an accurate estimate of your total headcount on your registration form. Overnights are not exclusive to your group and we may book multiple groups in one night. All changes must be made no later than two weeks before your program, although we cannot guarantee that additional guests can be accomodated.
SPRING 2013 DATES AVAILABLE:
Friday, April 5, 2013
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Friday, April 12, 2013- Sold Out!
Saturday, April 13, 2013 -Sold Out!
Friday, April 19, 2013 -Sold Out!
Saturday, April 20, 2013 – Sold Out!
Friday, April 26, 2013- Sold Out!
Saturday, April 27, 2013 – Sold Out!
Friday, May 3, 2013 – Sold Out!
Saturday, May 4, 2013 – Sold Out!
Friday, May 10, 2013 – Sold Out!
Saturday, May 11, 2013 – Mother’s Day African Safari Family Overnight!
Friday, May 17, 2013 – Sold Out!
Saturday, May 18, 2013- Sold Out!
Friday, May 24, 2013- Sold Out!
Saturday, May 25, 2013 -Sold Out!
Friday, May 31, 2013- Sold Out!
SUMMER 2013 DATES AVAILABLE:
Friday, June 7, 2013 - Sold Out!
Friday, June 14, 2013
Saturday, June 15, 2013 – Father’s Day African Safari Family Overnight!
Friday, June 21, 2013
Friday, June 28, 2013
Friday, July 12, 2013
Friday, July 19, 2013
Friday, July 26, 2013
NEW! Dates Just Added!
Friday, August 2, 2013
Saturday, August 3, 2013
Friday, August 9, 2013
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Friday, September 6, 2013
Saturday, September 7, 2013
Friday, September 13, 2013
Saturday, September 14, 2013
Friday, September 27, 2013
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Please note: If you need to adjust the number of participants or reschedule, contact the Education Department at least two weeks before your scheduled program. All changes must be made no later than two weeks before your program although we cannot guarantee that additional guests can be accomodated. The Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to change prices at any time and cancel any program for reasons we deem appropriate. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within two weeks of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. No credits or refunds will be issued for cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-554-7300