Family Safari Night Hike
Designed just for families! Join us for a Dallas Zoo Family Safari Night Hike and experience the fascinating world of animals after-dark! Enjoy an unforgettable evening with a special Zoo tour, fun-filled activities, and an opportunity to see some of our Education animals up-close. Family Safaris begin at 7 p.m. and end at 10 p.m.
Minimum age is 5 years old.
- March 10
$20 per youth
$20 per adult (no free chaperones)
We cannot accommodate special events/requests such as birthday parties, reunions, etc. Maximum 40 participants per night. Zoo membership does not apply.
Family Campout (Overnight)
Experience a Dallas Zoo adventure designed just for families! Join us as we show you the fascinating world of animals through guided Zoo tours, behind-the-scenes activities, s’mores around the campfire, continental breakfast and up-close animal encounters.
- April 20
- May 11
Sleep in our new Camp Okapi campground tucked away in the Wilds of Africa! Tents sit atop wooden decks overlooking a rustic firepit, perfect for roasting marshmallows and singing around the campfire. Tent features include cots, fans, and electrical outlets. Each tent accommodates ten (10) guests total and may be mixed-family and mixed-gender. We offer a special rate if you would like to reserve an entire tent (based on availability).
What’s included in your Family Campout?
- After-hours guided tours of ZooNorth and the Wilds of Africa and Savanna
- Special behind-the-scenes activities and feeding demonstration
- Up-close encounters with Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo education animals
- A late night snack (eat dinner before you come)
- An official Dallas Zoo souvenir patch for each participant
- A continental breakfast that includes a selection of pastries, muffins, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice
- Special Wild Encounters animal stage show
- Entrance to the Zoo the following day for all participants
Family Campouts begin at 7 p.m. and end at 10 a.m. the following day. The minimum participant age is 5 years old. Participants 17 years and under must be accompanied by an adult at least 21 years old. Limit four (4) children per adult. No free adult chaperones. Adults must accompany children throughout the overnight experience, including all walks, tours, and activities and must enforce and abide by Dallas Zoo rules. We cannot accommodate special events/requests such as birthday parties, reunions, etc. in our educational programs. Campouts are not exclusive to your group and we may book multiple groups per night and per tent. We require all participants to be preregistered.
- $80 / Adult
- $65 / Child (5-17 yrs)
- $650 / Tent (*maximum 10 participants per tent)
An unforgettable experience for the whole family at the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park!
Did you know that Sea stars eat with their stomachs inside-out or that sharks grow new teeth their whole lives? Learn about what dinner time is like for ocean creatures through up-close animal encounters, hands-on activities, and a special keeper animal feeding. Then, sleep among thousands of fish in the galleries of the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park.
- Nov. 18, 2017
- Dec. 2, 2017
- Dec. 9, 2017
- Dec. 16, 2017
- Jan. 20, 2018
- Jan. 27, 2018
- Feb. 10, 2018
- Feb. 17, 2018
- Feb. 24, 2018
Family Safari Night Hike and Campout General Schedule of Activities*
- 6:30 pm Check-in
- 7:15 pm Welcome to the Zoo!
- 7:30 pm Walking Tour of Zoo
- 8:30 pm Group Activities
- 9:30 pm Animal Encounter
- 10:00 pm Guests depart the Zoo (for Night Hike programs)
- 10:30 pm Lights Out (for Overnight programs)
- 7:30 am Breakfast (for Overnight programs)
- 8:30 am Animal Show
- 9:00 am Group Activity
- 9:30 am Monorail or Giraffe Feeding*
- 10:00 am End of program-participants can extend their visit of zoo on own
*Note: schedule subject to change due to weather, animal availability, size of group, and type of night program.
General Scheduling Information
Reservations must be made at least two (2) weeks in advance.
What should I bring/not bring?
- A flashlight (it gets dark) and refillable water bottle are encouraged (please no glass bottles)
- Please be sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- We do not allow outside food or beverages (except water) on our programs.
- Electronic equipment, aside from cameras, is not allowed, and while we do allow adults to carry cell phones we ask that you refrain from using them unless it is an emergency.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption are not allowed during our programs. We reserve the right to search any coolers you bring into the Zoo, and if you are found with alcohol, you may be asked to leave the program with your group, and your overnight will NOT be refunded.
- Please do not bring pets or other animals with you on your program – we have plenty for you to see!
The Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to cancel or change any program for reasons we deem appropriate. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within two weeks of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. Reschedule requests must be received in writing at least 2 weeks in advance of your scheduled program date. No credits or refunds will be issued for changes/cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups.
The Education Office is open Monday-Friday during regular Zoo hours. Contact us at Education@DallasZoo.com or 469.554.7300.