Family Zoo Adventures
Families can explore the wonderful world of wildlife together during the Family Zoo Adventure Saturday Programs! Each monthly session will focus on a different theme and include activity stations, animal encounters, and special zoo tours that will make learning fun for young and old alike. Activities are developed for families with youth between 4 and 12. Family Zoo Adventures begin at 9:15 a.m. and end at 11:15 a.m.!
- Saturday, Feb. 10 – We Love Wildlife: Explore the field work zoos are doing to help save species.
- Saturday, March 3 – Bugs, the Good Guys!: Learn about the largest class of animals on Earth!
- Saturday, April 14 – Beaks and Feathers
- Saturday, May 12 – Garden Safari: Explore the plants all around us and at the Zoo.
Experience the fun of Family Zoo Adventures during the week for homeschool families. Programs begin at 9:15 a.m. and end at 11:15 a.m.
- Monday, March 5 – Bugs, the Good Guys!
- Monday, May 14 – Garden Safari
Zoo Member: $12/child; $12/adult
Non Member: $15/child; $15/adult
General Scheduling Information
All sessions registration closes fives days prior to the first day of the session.
What should I bring/not bring?
- A refillable water bottle (please no glass bottles)
- Please be sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Please do not bring pets or other animals with you on your program – we have plenty for you to see!
This is a non-refundable final sale. Credit will not be issued within 14 days of the program/event start date. The Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to cancel or change any program for reasons we deems appropriate. Programs will take place rain or shine. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within one week of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. No credits or refunds will be issued for changes/cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups. Credit may be used for any education program or camp at the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park. All changes or cancellations must be submitted in writing to Education@DallasZoo.com.
The Education Office is open Monday-Friday during regular Zoo hours. Contact us at Education@DallasZoo.com or 469.554.7300.