An all-new way to see your Dallas Zoo!
Our unique Backstage Safari is a 90-minute guided tour with behind-the-scenes access. You’ll feed apples to the world’s largest land mammal, the African elephant; hold an endangered penguin; and experience a special Wild Encounters show with introductions to remarkable animals, such as a cheetah or serval, tamandua, eagle owl, and more. During your adventure, zookeepers will share special stories and information about the animals they care for each day.
And 100% of your Backstage Safari fee goes directly to the Dallas Zoo’s wildlife conservation efforts, helping to protect animals and restore habitats around the world.
The Backstage Safari is offered only on Saturday mornings from 10-11:30 a.m. Guests must be age 5 or up, with a limit of two children per adult. The tours are limited to 10 people, so make your reservations early. (Guests must arrive by 9:45 a.m.)
- Members: $89 adults (16 and up); $69 youth (ages 5-15)
- Non-members: $99 adults (16 and up); $79 youth (ages 5-15), plus Zoo admission
Your experience includes the 90-minute guided tour; a $10 coupon for additional Zoo activities (choice of Monorail Safari, Endangered Species Carousel, Safari Express mini-train, giraffe feeding, lorikeet feeding, pony rides or Travis & Zach’s Birds Landing feeding); a souvenir cup with $1 refills the day of your Safari; and free digital photos of your adventure.
For more information, call 469.554.7500 or click below to register online today!
The Dallas Zoo’s Backstage Safari is a very popular program with limited availability. It is an outdoor, all-weather event, and the Dallas Zoo reserves the right to cancel or modify the program for any reason, including inclement weather, animal health, and/or safety concerns. In the event of a weather cancellation, the Dallas Zoo will notify participants as early as possible, but no later than 2 hours prior to their scheduled program. Every effort will be made to reschedule your Backstage Safari for a later date.
Weather / Cancellation Policies
• Participants canceling more than 7 days from their scheduled program will be refunded their full payment, minus a $25 cancellation fee per person.
• Due to the high demand and limited availability, there will be no refunds issued for participants canceling within seven days of their scheduled program.
• For more information about our weather/cancellation policies, please call 469.554.7501 or email tickets@DallasZoo.com.