Dallas Zoo’s Wild Earth Expeditions: Botswana
Botswana: Desert Sunset, Delta Dawn | October 2 to 12, 2020
Bring your African safari dreams to life with the Dallas Zoo! Experience the beauty and mystique of Botswana on this journey where you’ll witness nature at its wildest. Trip highlights include:
- The salt pans of Makgadikgadi Pans and Nxai Pans National Parks, home to desert wildlife such as gemsbok and springbok.
- The community of Khumaga Village, which provides an opportunity for you to see and understand rural life.
- Moremi Game Reserve, one of the most magnificent animal sanctuaries in Africa that supports the most diverse habitat and animal populations in Botswana.
- The Okavango Delta, the world’s largest inland water system that supports a vast array of animal and plant life.
- Countless opportunities to grab your camera and capture the beauty and mystery that is Africa, including the “Big Five” (elephant Cape buffalo, leopard, lion, and rhino) and other more elusive species (sitatunga, lechwe, African painted dog, and more).
- Continue the adventure on the pre-extension to Cape Town, South Africa and the post-extension to Chobe National Park, Botswana and Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
- And much more!
Pre-extension to Cape Town, South Africa
Sept. 8 to Oct. 3, 2020
Post-extension to Chobe National Park, Botswana and Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Oct. 11-16, 2020
Join us on Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 6:30 p.m. at the Dallas Zoo (in the Flamingo Room) for a presentation on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure to Botswana. The program is free, but reservations are required. Complimentary wine and light hors d’oeurves will be served.
For more information, email us at WildEarthTrips@DallasZoo.com or call 469.554.7420.
View the full itinerary with pricing here.
To make your reservation for this safari or to inquire about air transportation, email email@example.com or call 800.627.1244.