Saving Sea Turtles on South Padre Island
June 21-23, 2019
Dallas Zoo’s Wild Earth Action Team is on a mission to restore sea turtle habitats on South Padre Island, and YOU are invited to join! Last year, we were able to remove over 2,000 pounds of litter pollution from the environment.
- Trip Details
- Dates: June 21-23, 2019
- We’ll restore nesting habitat through beach clean-up, host family-friendly programs on sea turtle conservation and ecology, and enjoy pizza dinner and exclusive after-hours access to Sea Turtle, Inc.’s new conservation center.
- We’ll observe night nest checks and, if we’re lucky enough to have turtle hatchlings, we’ll help with an early morning release and watch them wiggle into the sea as the sun rises over the Gulf.
- We wrap up with a dolphin watching eco-cruise through the Laguna Madre. On our way down to the Island, Brownsville’s Gladys Porter Zoo will host us for a tour of their beautiful and tropical campus.
- Pricing & accommodations
- Registration is $295/person, and 50% off for every person in the household thereafter.
- Registration does not include transportation or lodging.
- Van transportation is available for $60/person. Space is limited.
- Isla Grand Beach Resort is our host hotel
- Address: 500 Padre Blvd. | South Padre Island, TX.
- Group rate: $249 per night + tax.
- Please use group code 1906DALLAS when booking rooms online, or call the hotel directly at 956.761.6511.
- Make reservations by Wednesday, May 22 to receive the special rate.