Saving Bats at Bracken Cave
August 2-4, 2019
Dallas Zoo’s Wild Earth Action Team is on a mission to restore vital bat habitat areas, and YOU are invited to join! Bracken Cave near San Antonio home is to the largest concentration of mammals on Earth. 15 million Mexican free-tailed bats raise pups there and emerge each summer evening to feed.
- Trip details
- Dates: August 2-4, 2019
- Learn the latest on white-nose syndrome and other bat conservation issues from Bat Conservation International leadership.
- Restore habitat around Bracken Cave, not far from downtown San Antonio.
- Visit Mitchell Lake Audubon Center to learn more about south Texas scrub ecology, and take a sunset cruise on Austin’s Lady Bird Lake to toast the world’s largest urban bat colony as they emerge from beneath Congress Avenue Bridge.
- Cost: $295/person and 50% off for every person in the household thereafter. Registration does not include transportation or lodging.
- Transportation: Van transportation is available for $60/person. Limited spots are available.
- Lodging: Our host hotel is the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. To book a room with our special group rate of $110 + tax per night, call them at 210-654-3800 and reference the DALLAS ZOO CONSERVATION TEAM.