100% of this program’s proceeds benefit the Dallas Zoo’s conservation efforts.
Experience the Zoo like never before
Take a 90-minute guided tour and get the inside scoop on how we care for our animals every single day.
- Feed apples to an African elephant, the worlds largest land mammal.
- Go behind the scenes and participate in a training session with our hippos.
- Attend a private Wild Encounters show at Camp Okapi with introductions to remarkable animals like tamanduas, southern ground hornbills, tortoises, and more.*
*Animal encounters subject to change.
Backstage Safari in ZooNorth:
This all-new experience gives you exclusive access to animal encounters in ZooNorth, including:
- Meet our tigers in a unique setting
- Do a slow-speed feed with our Galapagos tortoises
- Interact hand-to-paw with an otter
- Go behind the scenes for a special experience with lemurs
- Learn all about our animals from the experts who care for them every day
Included in every Backstage Safari package:
- Free digital photos of your adventure
- Souvenir lanyard with badge and conservation wristbands
- Enjoy a complimentary giraffe feeding following your Backstage Safari
- Zoo admission and parking are included
Questions? Email us at Info@DallasZoo.com or give us a call at 469.554.7501.
Safety: Due to the ongoing risk to our animals from the COVID-19 virus, we continue to require masks to participate in Backstage Safari. Gloves are required at the hippo experience.
Groups: The maximum group size is 10. The minimum group size for the tour to operate is two. Participants must be 6 years of age or older. One adult per child required, two children max.
Cancellation Policy: The Dallas Zoo’s Backstage Safari is a very popular program with limited availability. It is an outdoor, all-weather event, and the Dallas Zoo reserves the right to cancel or modify the program for any reason, including inclement weather, animal health, and/or safety concerns. In the event of a weather cancellation, the Dallas Zoo will notify participants as early as possible, but no later than two hours prior to their scheduled program. Every effort will be made to reschedule your Backstage Safari for a later date.
Participants cancelling more than seven days from their scheduled program will be refunded their full payment, minus a $25 cancellation fee per person. Due to the high demand and limited availability, there will be no refunds issued for participants canceling within seven days of their scheduled program.