100% of proceeds benefit the Zoo’s conservation efforts.
Experience the Zoo like never before!
Take a 90-minute guided tour and get the inside scoop on how we care for our animals every single day.
- Feed apples to an African elephant, the worlds largest land mammal.
- Go behind the scenes and participate in a training session with our hippos.
- Attend a private Wild Encounters show at Camp Okapi with introductions to remarkable animals like tamanduas, southern ground hornbills, tortoises, and more.*
*Animal encounters subject to change.
Also a part of your Backstage Safari package:
- Free digital photos of your adventure
- Souvenir lanyard with badge and conservation wristbands
- Enjoy a complimentary giraffe feeding following your Backstage Safari
- Zoo admission and parking are included
Questions? Email us at Info@DallasZoo.com or give us a call at 469.554.7501.
Due to the ongoing risk to our animals from the COVID-19 virus, we continue to require masks to participate in Backstage Safari. Gloves are required at the hippo experience.
Groups: The maximum group size is 10. The minimum group size for the tour to operate is 2. Participants must be 6 years of age or older. One adult per child required, 2 children max.
Cancellation Policy: The Dallas Zoo’s Backstage Safari is a very popular program with limited availability. It is an outdoor, all-weather event, and the Dallas Zoo reserves the right to cancel or modify the program for any reason, including inclement weather, animal health, and/or safety concerns. In the event of a weather cancellation, the Dallas Zoo will notify participants as early as possible, but no later than 2 hours prior to their scheduled program. Every effort will be made to reschedule your Backstage Safari for a later date.
Participants cancelling more than seven days from their scheduled program will be refunded their full payment, minus a $25 cancellation fee per person. Due to the high demand and limited availability, there will be no refunds issued for participants canceling within seven days of their scheduled program.