Saving Sea Turtles
Your Dallas Zoo’s Wild Earth Action Team is on a mission to restore sea turtle habitat on South Padre Island, come on the trip with us! Together we will learn about sea turtle conservation and ecology while helping our partners at Sea Turtle, Inc. with important service projects. And if sea turtles hatch, we’ll attend an early morning release into the Gulf! Turtle releases are not guaranteed.
Important to know:
- Registration does not include transportation or lodging.
- Registration for 2023 will open soon!
- Minimum Age: 7yrs and up
- At least 1 adult (age 18+) for every 2 children (ages 7-17) in your party is required
Your registration fee includes:
- Evening Welcome Social with lite bites
- All meals on Day 2
- All supplies necessary for service projects
- Swag Bag (includes a commemorative t-shirt, water bottle, and reusable bag)
- Registration fees help support the Dallas Zoo conservation fund
Transportation and lodging are not included.
2022 Itinerary Overview
Day 1: Arrive at South Padre Island & Evening Welcome Social
Welcome to South Padre Island, Texas! This vibrant beach town on the coast of Texas is home to a variety of wildlife including migratory birds, dolphins, and, of course, sea turtles!
- Arrive at South Padre Island and relax on the beach
- Meet your fellow conservationists at an Evening Welcome Social
Join us after hours at Sea Turtle, Inc. for an Evening Welcome Social. Enjoy lite bites while mingling with your fellow conservationists, the Sea Turtle, Inc. team and your Dallas Zoo’s Wild Earth Action Team.
Day 2: Save Sea Turtles
Dust off your working shoes and get ready for a full day of service projects to help Create A Better World For Animals. Together we’ll help Sea Turtle, Inc. with a variety of important projects vital to their success in rescuing, rehabilitating, and releasing endangered sea turtles.
- Full day of service projects. Projects may include:
- Habitat restoration: beach clean-up
- Sea turtle nest sites – barrier protection maintenance
- Sea turtle rehabilitation facility maintenance
- Gift shop inventory
Questions? Email us at SavingWildlife@DallasZoo.com for more info.