Dallas Zoo Lights
Presented by Reliant
now a drive-thru experience!
Same holiday tradition, with a socially distant twist
We’ve reimagined Dallas Zoo Lights Presented by Reliant so you can now drive through a holiday safari of lights in your own vehicle!
Cruise through a newly constructed pathway – and through familiar parts of the Dallas Zoo – while marveling at more than one million lights in elaborate displays, silk-covered animal lanterns depicting all your Zoo favorites, an ice palace fit for a trio of penguins, and so much more along the way!
Open 36 select nights, from Nov. 20 through Jan. 3
Gates open 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Wondering what to expect at this new drive-thru Dallas Zoo Lights? Find the answers HERE.
NEW THIS YEAR: Timed entry tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit to Dallas Zoo Lights. Tickets are limited and will sell out, so be sure to reserve yours ASAP!
Questions? Click HERE.
Ticket sales are final. There are no refunds, time changes, or date exchanges for Dallas Zoo Lights tickets, so please plan accordingly.
Join today and save!
Save on a year of adventure today. Dallas Zoo members get $15 off tickets to Dallas Zoo Lights and year-round member perks including free daily admission and parking, member-only experiences, discounts, and more.
Use the calendar below to see which nights will shine bright with Dallas Zoo Lights Presented by Reliant.
- Pre-order set package of food & drinks, or purchase individual items onsite in select areas. Package options:
- Holiday Goodies for 2: Includes 1 bag of popcorn, 1 cotton candy, assorted holiday cookies, 2 hot chocolates in Zoo Lights-themed souvenir cups, PLUS 2 holiday lighted necklaces and a voucher for same-night purchase at Reliant Holiday Village. Cost: $28 for members/$38 non-members
- Holiday Goodies for 4: Includes 2 bags of popcorn, 2 cotton candies, assorted holiday cookies, savory nut mix, 4 hot chocolates in Zoo Lights-themed souvenir cups, PLUS 2 holiday lighted necklaces, 2 plush animals, and a voucher for same-night purchase at Reliant Holiday Village. Cost: $50 for members/$60 non-members
- Tune your car’s radio to the Zoo’s station, 1670 AM to fill your car with holiday tunes and greetings.
- Park and stroll through Reliant Holiday Village at the end of the drive-thru route.
- Photo ops, holiday snacks & festive drinks, holiday glow goodies
- This is very different from previous Dallas Zoo Lights experiences! The Dallas Zoo will close at 4:00 p.m., and the new drive-thru event opens at 6:30 p.m.
- BE AN EARLY BIRD: Gates will open as early as 6:00 p.m. for our 6:30 p.m. guests. We may allow guests to enter up to 30 minutes ahead of the other timeslots if we have capacity.
- You must purchase Dallas Zoo Lights tickets online in advance of your visit. We are selling timed tickets for this event to help control traffic and minimize wait times, and tickets will not be available for purchase at the gates.
- Please arrive for your event entry during the timeframe shown on your ticket. We cannot guarantee entry into the event if you arrive late.
- One vehicle = one ticket. You can bring as many family or friends as you have room to safely accommodate in your vehicle with seatbelts and car seats. Please note, riding in the bed of a pickup truck is not permitted.
- There is no parking available for this event. If you’re planning to meet and consolidate cars, please do so before arriving at the Zoo.
- The unique driving path we’ve created through the Zoo is not designed to accommodate extra-large vehicles. The maximum vehicle size is about the length / width / height of a full-sized Suburban. No RVs, limousines, monster trucks, trailers, etc. are permitted.
- While times may vary, the estimated time to drive through the Dallas Zoo Lights experience is 30-45 minutes. Of note, there may be a wait to enter the experience during peak hours and on popular nights.
- Face coverings are mandatory for anyone in the vehicle who may interact with Zoo staff, and if you plan to exit the vehicle for a restroom break or to walk around the Reliant Holiday Village.
- You must remain in your vehicle for the duration of the drive-thru, except in one of the areas designated as restroom stops or in the Reliant Holiday Village.
- In order to minimize noise and ensure the comfort and safety of our guests and animals, vehicles with loud exhaust or engine modifications will NOT be permitted entry.
- The following are prohibited during Dallas Zoo Lights, including in your vehicle:
– Smoking and vaping
– Pets (except ADA-compliant service animals)
- For guest safety, all tailgates, car/van doors, and hatchbacks must remain closed at all times.
- No refunds or exchanges are available, so please plan accordingly.
- The Dallas Zoo is not responsible for any collisions or damage to your vehicle during the event.