Twilight Safari Night Hikes
What goes on after the lights go out at the Zoo? Come see for yourself with a Dallas Zoo Twilight Safari Night Hike! Join us as we show you the fascinating world of animals through a Zoo tour, activities, special talks, and an opportunity to see some of our Education animals up-close. Group Twilight Safaris begin at 7 p.m. and end at 10 p.m.
Programs are offered each fall and spring to organizational groups (scouts, schools). Family groups are welcome to participate in our special “Family Only” Night Hikes on select dates. All participants must be at least 7 years old.
SELECT FROM THESE AVAILABLE DATES:
|Friday||February 28, 2014 – Sold Out|
|Friday||March 7, 2014 – Sold Out!|
|Saturday||March 8, 2014|
|Saturday||March 15, 2014|
|Friday||March 21, 2014 – Sold Out!|
|Saturday||March 22, 2014 – Family Only Night!|
|Friday||August 15, 2014|
|Saturday||August 16, 2014|
|Friday||August 22, 2014
|Saturday||August 23, 2014|
|Friday||August 29, 2014|
|Saturday||August 30, 2014|
|Friday||September 5, 2014
|Saturday||September 6, 2014|
Scheduling Your Twilight Safari Night Hike
Reservations are accepted on a first-come basis. Payment must be submitted with the reservation form, at least two (2) weeks in advance. We require a minimum of 10 participants per group (maximum of 40). Please note that multiple groups may be scheduled for the same night.
Cost: $20 /participant (students and chaperones). One adult chaperone per ten participants is required. Please note that chaperones are allocated as follows:
- 1-9 students – No free chaperones
- 10-19 students – One (1) free chaperone
- 20-29 students – Two (2) free chaperones, etc…
What should I bring/not bring?
- A flashlight (it gets dark) and refillable water bottle are encouraged (please no glass bottles).
- Please be sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Electronic equipment, aside from cameras, is not allowed, and while we do allow adults to carry cell phones we ask that you refrain from using them unless it is an emergency.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption are not allowed during our programs. We reserve the right to search any coolers you bring into the Zoo, and if you are found with alcohol, you may be asked to leave the program with your group, and your overnight will NOT be refunded.
- Please do not bring pets or other animals with you on your program – we have plenty for you to see!
Cancellation/Rescheduling PolicyThe Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to cancel any program for reasons we deem appropriate. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within two weeks of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. No credits or refunds will be issued for changes/cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups.
The Education Office is open Monday-Friday during regular Zoo hours. Contact us at Education@DallasZoo.com or 469.554.7300.