Twilight Safari Night Hikes
What goes on after the lights go out at the Zoo? Come see for yourself with a Dallas Zoo Twilight Safari Night Hike! Join us as we show you the fascinating world of animals through a Zoo tour, activities, special talks, and an opportunity to see some of our Education animals up-close. Group Twilight Safaris begin at 7 p.m. and end at 10 p.m.
- Summer 2017 (August-September)
$20 per youth
$20 per adult (no free chaperones)
All participants must be at least 6 years old. We cannot accommodate special events/requests such as birthday parties, reunions, etc. Maximum 40 participants per night. Zoo membership does not apply.
General Twilight Safari Night Hike Schedule of Activities*
- 6:30 pm Check-in
- 7:15 pm Welcome to the Zoo!
- 7:30 pm Walking Tour of Zoo
- 8:30 pm Group Activities
- 9:30 pm Animal Encounter
- 10:00 pm Guests depart the Zoo
*Note: schedule subject to change due to weather, animal availability, size of group, and type of night program.
General Scheduling Information
Reservations must be made at least two (2) weeks in advance. Twilight Safaris are not exclusive to your group and we may book multiple groups in one night (maximum of 40 participants per night). We require all participants to be preregistered. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that subsequent requests for additional guests to your group can be accommodated.
Chaperone Guidelines: Chaperones must accompany participants throughout the program experience, including all walks, tours, and activities. Please ensure that there is a sufficient number of chaperones to supervise your group at all times.
What should I bring/not bring?
- A flashlight (it gets dark) and refillable water bottle are encouraged (please no glass bottles). We do not allow outside food or beverages (except water) on our programs.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Electronic equipment, aside from cameras, is not allowed, and while we do allow adults to carry cell phones we ask that you refrain from using them unless it is an emergency.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption are not allowed during our programs. We reserve the right to search any coolers you bring into the Zoo, and if you are found with alcohol, you may be asked to leave the program with your group, and your overnight will NOT be refunded.
- Please do not bring pets or other animals with you on your program – we have plenty for you to see!
Cancellation PolicyLights Out Overnights will be held rain or shine. The Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to cancel or change any program for reasons we deem appropriate. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within two weeks of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. Reschedule requests must be received in writing at least 2 weeks in advance of your scheduled program date. No credits or refunds will be issued for changes or cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups.
The Education Office is open Monday-Friday during regular Zoo hours. Contact us at Education@DallasZoo.com or 469.554.7300.