August “Early Bird” Hours
August 18 - September 8
Show up early to beat the heat and watch the Zoo come to life! Starting Monday, August 6 through the end of August, the Zoo will open its gates an hour early at 8 a.m. so guests can experience some “early bird” activities in its popular Wilds of Africa area. You’ll get a chance to experience rarely-seen moments at the Zoo, like how our staff and animals get ready for a fun day at the Zoo!
Take advantage of that extra hour in the morning to check out:
- Gorillas (and you may even catch a glimpse of our new baby, Saambili!)
- Predators, like cheetahs or lions
*This list is subject to change based on habitat cleaning and maintenance schedules. As always, we cannot guarantee that animals will be out and active.
Also opening early throughout the month of August:
- Giraffe feeding and the Endangered Species Carousel will both open at 8 a.m.
- The Zoofari Market Gift Shop and the Sweet Treats snack bar will open early at 8 a.m.
- Interactions on our Wild Encounters Stage will start an hour earlier at 9 a.m.