Zoo Crew Training Program
This training program is a three-week, in-depth experience that will open your eyes to the many ways the Dallas Zoo works to Create a Better World for Animals and give you a chance to be a part of it. Over the course of the three weeks, you will spend one week on each of the following tasks:
- Mentor preschool through 3rd grade campers in our Wild Adventures Camps
- Engage guests through interactive activities, with a focus on Dallas Zoo animals & conservation efforts
- Zoo Career exploration opportunities, including behind-the-scenes tours and talks with a variety of Zoo staff.
Upon completion of the training program, participants will be eligible to join Zoo Crew on a year-round basis.
- Apply & interview for a spot in one of our sessions.
- Pay a $200 program fee by June 1
- Submit a signed release form by June 1
- Complete an online sexual abuse prevention training by June 1
- Attend a mandatory full-day orientation
- Volunteer all 15 days of the session (2 excused absences allowed, prior notification of absences required)
- Be present for entire shift every day
Session 1 – SOLD OUT
- Mandatory Orientation: June 8, 2019
- June 17, 2019 – July 5, 2019
Session 2 – SOLD OUT
- Mandatory Orientation: July 20, 2019
- July 22, 2019 – August 9, 2019
Session 3 – SOLD OUT
- Mandatory Orientation: August 12. 2019
- August 12, 2019 —August 30, 2019
*Each session lasts 3 weeks, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Zoo Crew Training program. We are no longer accepting applications for this summer. Please check this page in early 2020 for information about applying to the 2020 Zoo Crew Training program.