Zoo Crew Training Program
This training program is a three-week, in-depth experience that will open your eyes to the many ways the Dallas Zoo works to Create a Better World for Animals and give you a chance to be a part of it. Over the course of the three weeks, you will spend one week on each of the following tasks:
- Mentor preschool through 3rd grade campers in our Wild Adventures Camps
- Engage guests through interactive activities, with a focus on Dallas Zoo animals & conservation efforts
- Zoo Career exploration opportunities, including behind-the-scenes tours and talks with a variety of Zoo staff.
Upon completion of the training program, participants will be eligible to join Zoo Crew on a year-round basis.
- Apply & interview for a spot in one of our sessions.
- Pay a $200 program fee by June 1
- Submit a signed release form by June 1
- Complete an online sexual abuse prevention training by June 1
- Attend a mandatory full-day orientation
- Volunteer all 15 days of the session (2 excused absences allowed, prior notification of absences required)
- Be present for entire shift every day
- Mandatory Orientation: June 8, 2019
- June 17, 2019 – July 5, 2019
- Mandatory Orientation: July 20, 2019
- July 22, 2019 – August 9, 2019
- Mandatory Orientation: August 12. 2019
- August 12, 2019 —August 30, 2019
*Each session lasts 3 weeks, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Apply by March 1. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Do not wait until the deadline. You will be notified via email if you are selected for an interview. Application does not guarantee admittance.