Water Department Trades Helper
Mar 16, 2015
Provide assistance in the water quality and maintenance of public display and animal exhibit water features.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Skim pools, clean filters, check and adjust water chemistry.
- Assist pool mechanics with repairs of electrical/motor pump and filtration systems.
- Perform various duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in pool/water chemical maintenance, electrical systems and working in confined spaces desired.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and demonstrate a full range of motion: standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, twisting, bending, lifting, stooping, reaching, pulling and climbing stairs and ladders.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with others.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions and with dangerous chemicals.
- Requires a positive attitude and strong work ethic with the desire to work as a team member.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license.
- May have to work night, weekends and holidays.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code WTRD in the subject line to be considered.