SUMMER CAMP INSTRUCTOR
Feb 12, 2014
Responsible for teaching Summer Camps during the 2014 season, Monday – Friday, up to 40 hours per week (June 9 – August 22). This is a non-benefited, seasonal position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead full and half day camps at the Dallas Zoo for children ages Pre-K through 8th grade.
- Responsible for organized activities, crafts, snacks, tours and live animal encounters.
- Responsible for the set-up and clean up of daily activities and interacting with teen volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. /B.S. in Biology, Education or related field preferred.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of teaching and administrative duties.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances.
- Must be able to work outside.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of one year experience working with animals in an educational setting preferred.
- At least one year of teaching experience in a classroom, non-formal science center, zoo or nature center preferred.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code SCINST in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.