Aug 12, 2014
Reporting to the Manager of Revenue Accounting, the Staff Accountant will perform various reconciliation, reporting and account analysis duties.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform revenue accounting responsibilities to include but not limited to: account analysis, reporting and applicable journal entries
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliations
- Enter month-end and year-end journal entries in SAGE 300
- Assist with fixed asset recording and annual physical inventory
- Cash audits and daily cash review
- Assist with the annual financial audit
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Up to 2 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably with a not-for-profit.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP principles.
- SAGE 300 accounting software experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Able to work flexible hours as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license (to operate Zoo vehicles) with reliable transportation
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants MUST place job code STACCT in the subject line to be considered.