Mar 6, 2014
This position is primarily responsible for managing the construction process for assigned capital improvements, from conceptual design through construction completion.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contract and coordinate site surveys, property plats and project designs
- Coordinate multi-discipline construction plan reviews
- Prepare and submit or coordinate submission of building permit applications
- Prepare and administer Requests for Qualifications, Request for Proposals, and Requests for Bids for contracts, including but not limited to design, construction, soil testing, materials testing, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), and compliance assessments with Texas Accessibility Standards
- Review and understand geotech and materials testing reports
- Receive, evaluate and coordinate responses to RFI’s
- Review and approve Change Orders
- Review and approve pay applications
- Coordinate inspections – City, SWPPP, TDLR
- Prepare, monitor and report work schedules and progress
- Develop project budgets, monitor and report project expenses, and prepare expenditure forecasts
- Serve as Owner’s representative, organizing and leading Capital Projects Teams
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in construction management, construction technology, structural engineering, architecture or similar discipline; two additional years experience in construction or construction administration or management may substitute for this educational requirement.
- Must have a minimum five years experience in construction or construction administration or management, with at least two years experience as a construction project manager or administrator.
- Must be knowledgeable of and familiar with the municipal building permit process.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with others.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be self-motivated and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to ZooJobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code ZOOPM in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnamera.