Zoo & Aquarium Openings
Sep 14, 2016
Provide great water quality testing and maintenance/repairs of 30 plus public displays and animal exhibit water features.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applicants must have thorough knowledge of water chemistry, chemical control systems and electrical control panels, general plumbing and electrical construction, maintenance practices and principles.
- Applicants should be able to have good safety practices for working around heavy mechanical equipment and hazardous materials (such as chlorine gas).
- Complete water feature paperwork processes accurately and on time.
- Keep an accurate inventory of pool equipment, material and plumbing supplies need for daily repairs
- Maintain ongoing communication with the management to ensure timely repair and maintenance
- Perform various duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants should have the ability to use plumber and electricians hand tools, maintain pool filtration systems, follow written or verbal work assignments, trouble shoot and perform basic/advanced maintenance on pool systems.
- Trouble shooting and diagnostic ability/skill a must.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in pool/water chemical maintenance/repairs, electrical systems and working in confined spaces desired.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and demonstrate a full range of motion: bending, lifting, stooping, and climbing stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions and with dangerous chemicals.
- Requires a positive attitude and strong work ethic with the desire to work as a team member.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license to operate zoo vehicles and reliable transportation.
- Successful candidates must complete a pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to ZooJobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code WFPM in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. EOE M/F/D/V www.DallasZoo.com