Nov 5, 2015
This is an entry level position in the plumbing field to assist Master & Journeyman plumbers performing work involving the maintenance, repair and new construction within the confines of the Dallas Zoo and the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with all types of plumbing work, including replace, repair, and maintain the fresh water supply and sanitary systems by all means necessary.
- Cleans and stores tools and equipment on work sites.
- Assists other trades and departments as needed.
- Must have at least two or more years experience and/or knowledge of basic hand tools, power hand tools and equipment. Previous plumbing experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including basic computer skills.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license to operate Zoo vehicles.
- Must have the ability to be part of a team; must work with and assist other co-workers as needed.
- Must be able to actively work in inclement weather, such as heat, cold, rain, ice, and snow as needed.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders, and lift/carry 50lbs.
- Must be able to be work weekends, holidays, nights or evenings as needed.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to ZooJobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code PHPR in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com