NUTRITION KEEPER I
Jan 19, 2014
Prepares and delivers diets for all animals at Dallas Zoo. Receives and stores food items delivered to Animal Nutrition Center.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and deliver food to animal buildings and exhibit areas daily as scheduled.
- Receive and store items delivered to the Animal Nutrition Center. Report suspect food and unusable items to supervisor immediately.
- Follow protocols and operating procedures to maintain a high level of sanitation and food safety.
- Conducts weekly inventory as assigned.
- Follow all safety protocols and understand Nutrition Department’s role in emergency procedures.
- Communicate with and assist vendors and visitors as needed.
- Work cooperatively and communicate clearly and assertively with zoo staff including volunteers.
- Study specific reference materials pertinent to sanitation, food handling, storage techniques, and nutrition of the animals in the collection as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least two years of food preparation, warehousing or animal care experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in biological field preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be flexible, self-motivated and a team player.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to establish and maintain an effective rapport with all levels of management, employees and zoo guests.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must have good observational skills.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to actively work in inclement weather.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants MUST place job code NTRKP1 in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.