NIGHT PROGRAMS INSTRUCTOR (3 PART-TIME POSITIONS)
Jan 19, 2014
Lead groups of children, chaperones, and families through the zoo during the evening for both Night Hikes and Overnights. This is a non-benefited, part-time position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead guided tours as well as small group presentations with live animals.
- Responsible for overnights which involves sleeping at the zoo and setting up breakfast for participants in the morning as well as facilitating morning experiences.
- Night Instructors are required to work at least two night programs a month during the seasons that night programs are offered (August – November and March – July).
- Night Hikes hours are usually 5PM-11PM.Overnights are usually 5PM-11AM the following day. Programs are scheduled on Fridays, Saturdays and occasionally on weekdays.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. /B.S. in Biology, Education or related field preferred.
- At least one year of teaching experience in a classroom, non-formal science center, zoo or nature center required.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to effectively supervise large groups of people.
- Must be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of teaching and administrative duties.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances.
- Must be able to respond in a calm manner to emergencies.
- Must be able to work outside.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants MUST place job code NPINST in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.