MEMBERSHIP REPRESENTATIVE (PART-TIME SEASONAL)
Apr 20, 2015
The Membership Representative position serves as the primary point of contact for membership starting with the point of sale. The selected candidate for this position will work up to 29 hours per week and should be available during regular business hours Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as an “ambassador” of the Dallas Zoo, providing outstanding customer service to current and prospective members and Zoo guests. Answers questions and addresses problems for members. Welcomes members at the Zoo’s front entrance.
- Sells memberships to patrons at the Zoo’s membership booth. Knowledgeable about the benefits of membership at each level and can clearly explain how memberships support both the patron and the Zoo.
- Alerts the Membership Specialist and/or Director of Development when VIP and upper level members enter the Zoo.
- Utilizes the Gateway Galaxy ticketing system to enter data regarding new and renewing members. Fulfilling some membership benefits immediately upon purchase of membership.
- Periodically attends community and corporate events throughout the greater Dallas area to promote the Dallas Zoo and sell memberships.
- Responsible for preparing membership packets for use by onsite sales crew and for mailing with membership cards.
- Assists with various member events as needed.
- Provides administrative task assistance as needed (e.g. mailings, etc)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A., B.S. or equivalent degree (preferred)
- Proficient in speaking Spanish preferred.
- Extensive cashier experience with the ability to accurately handle large amounts of cash and perform daily balances and reporting.
- Computer proficient with a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Willingness and ability to learn and utilize Gateway Galaxy ticketing system and Raiser’s Edge.
- Personable presence and demeanor with the desire to engage in personal contact with the external community.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound judgment and the ability to quickly and effectively solve problems.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Dallas Zoo.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license to operate Zoo vehicles with reliable transportation
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter tozoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code MRP-PT in the subject line to be considered.