Zoo & Aquarium Openings
Membership Project Manager
Jan 25, 2017
The Membership Project Manager develops and manages Dallas Zoo communications to a growing membership community of nearly 27,000 households. They will create, write, and manage the execution of customized communication and marketing pieces, including emails and direct mail. They will utilize email distribution services to add deeply personalized touch-points to our current renewal stream. They will manage the creation of direct mail collateral, including our member magazine, with internal staff (e.g., photographers, writers, and graphic designers) and external design and print agencies. They will serve as an “expert” on membership and interact frequently with our sales, processing, and booth staff. They will attend local events to promote membership and leverage our existing corporate sponsorships to recruit new members. This person will work closely with the Director of Membership to implement strategies that will advance the mission and financial stability of the Zoo.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement Dallas Zoo member renewal and upgrade strategies.
- Manage the membership renewal program, featuring multiple touchpoints distributed digitally and through direct mail, while encouraging upgrading to higher giving levels. Work with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate message targeting.
- Create, edit, and distribute customized member update emails weekly.
- Supervise the creation of new membership collateral, including brochures, postcards, and onsite signage. Work closely with an external design team and an internal Graphic Designer.
- Manage the production of Focus, our quarterly member magazine. Work with external writers, design team, and printer.
- Develop and issue reporting on monthly membership levels, campaign efforts, sales, and member attendance.
- Develop and coordinate opportunities for participation in community and corporate events around the greater Dallas area to promote the Zoo and sell memberships. Work with the volunteer department to manage a volunteer crew to staff events. Coordinate with the Zoo’s outreach department for animal outreach efforts.
- Serve as a liaison to multiple units handling any changes to the membership program, including adjustments to ticketing system, processing, etc.
- Serve as an “expert” on membership and interact daily with our sales, processing, and booth staff.
- A., B.S. or equivalent degree.
- Three-to-five years of relevant membership marketing experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with email marketing tools (e.g., Mailchimp) and HTML.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound judgment and the ability to quickly and effectively solve problems.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively about membership acquisition, retention, and upgrades.
- Demonstrated ability to create and analyze member data.
- Strategic problem-solver with the ability to advance programs/activities with an array of internal constituents. Strong team player.
- Willingness and ability to learn and utilize Tessitura, our customer and membership management tool.
- Preferred: Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Periodically works irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing, and/or pulling of objects/materials weighing 15-20 pounds.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with reliable transportation
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to ZooJobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code MBPMin the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.
EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com