EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE TRADES – MECHANIC TRADES HELPER POSITIONS
Apr 5, 2016
This is an entry level position in the Equipment Maintenance department assisting skilled trade workers involving the maintenance, repair and upkeep of the monorail train, automatic gate controllers, hydraulic systems and other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and delegated team authority on duty.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist mechanics in all types of work involved in the maintenance, upkeep, and repair of buildings, equipment, rides and exhibits managed by DZM.
- Clean and store tools and equipment in appropriate areas and work sites.
- Assist other trades professionals and departments as needed.
- Follow all safety protocols established in varying work areas.
- Attend Staff and Safety Meetings.
- Perform tasks and fill out paperwork in a timely manner.
- Record daily time sheets.
- Exhibit professional conduct while interacting with guests and co-workers.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Must have at least two years experience and/or knowledge of basic hand tools, power hand tools and equipment.
- Previous mechanic experience or theme park experience is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license (to operate Zoo vehicles) and reliable transportation.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with others.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders, and lift/carry 50lbs.
- Must be able to be work weekends, holidays, nights or evenings as needed.
- Must have basic software knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have valid Texas driver’s license to operate company vehicles and reliable transportation.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter tozoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to ZooJobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code EMTRD in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.