Jul 27, 2014
Responsibilities are but not limited to, performing highly complex waterworks construction and maintenance under limited supervision. Work involves, working with contractors, estimating work hours and materials required for projects, and coordinating activities with other departments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise contractors.
- Inspects work for code compliance with building codes in waterworks maintenance and construction of all plumbing work.
- Participates in the repair of all waterworks maintenance and construction activities associated with the zoo.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Licensed Journeyman Plumber and current knowledge of commercial maintenance and construction procedures.
- Must have a current Plumbing Journey License.
- Must be able to actively work in inclement weather, such as heat, cold, rain, ice, and snow as needed.
- Must be skilled to operate equipment and machinery related to job.
- Ability to perform service/maintenance on all commercial sites for all plumbing services needed (water, gas, sewer, etc).
- Ability to follow/locate plumbing diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to solder/weld/braze and perform minor field fabrication.
- Must be self-motivated and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including basic computer skills.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 75lbs.
- Ability to work overtime/night/weekend and holiday hours as required.
- Must have the ability to be part of a team; must work with and assist other co-workers as needed.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code JPLMB in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com