Feb 3, 2015
Responsible for performing highly complex maintenance and construction work involving scheduling contractors, requisitioning materials and supplies, and estimating work hours and materials required for projects. Coordinates contractors’ work schedules so as not to disrupt daily zoo operations.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects, schedules, and performs preventative and emergency maintenance.
- Prepares estimate of work hours, materials, and resources required for projects.
- Maintain refrigerant usage log and perform all required documentation for state and federal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of HVAC systems or refrigeration systems and equipment.
- Must have a current EPA approved TYPE I and TYPE II refrigerant certification.
- Must be skilled to operate equipment, test instruments and machinery related to job.
- Must be able to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work with other staff, departments and the general public.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code HVTCH in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com