Jun 3, 2015
The Dallas Zoo is a fast pace, fast growing company with extreme irrigation. We are looking for an irrigation technician that can read diagrams/ blue prints, design sprinkler systems, complete installs, troubleshoot and repairs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform preventive maintenance to zoo water systems daily.
- Repair irrigation systems.
- Program time clock.
- Perform shop maintenance and inventory organization.
- Follow Water Maintenance Dept. SOPs and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience with irrigation system maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be clean and organized.
- Basic Computer knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with pressurized misting systems a plus.
- Must have the ability to be part of a team; must work with and assist other co-workers as needed.
- Ability to operate a trencher, back hoe, various other pieces of heavy equipment a plus.
- Must be able to walk, stand, kneel, push, pull, stoop, crawl, twist, reach overhead, grasp, bend, climb stairs and ladders, not afraid of heights and the ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to actively work in inclement weather, such as heat, cold, rain, ice, and snow as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate zoo vehicles and reliable transportation.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code IRRT in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com