Jul 27, 2014
Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing any and all irrigation systems, misting systems, DCA’s & RPZ’s. Supervises and coordinates work with the Irrigation Technician.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with subordinates in preventive maintenance, repair, and construction of irrigation and misting systems.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports as needed.
- Prepare estimates for materials and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and install from prints, design and/or modify irrigation systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with experience in software such as MS Word/Excel.
- Must have a current TCEQ Irrigators License.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must have the ability to be part of a team; must work with and assist other co-workers as needed.
- Four years experience with installing and maintaining irrigation systems.
- Experience operating a trencher, back hoe and various other pieces of heavy equipment.
- Must be able to walk, stand, kneel, push, pull, stoop, crawl, twist, reach overhead, grasp, bend, climb stairs and ladders, work without fear of heights, and lift 50+ pounds.
- Must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to actively work in inclement weather, such as heat, cold, rain, ice, and snow as needed.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with a good driving record.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code IRRG in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com