INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Aug 12, 2014
Responsible for the strategic direction and implementation of all information technology assets for Dallas Zoo Management (DZM) including server and workstation systems, point of sale system, network, phone system, copiers, CCTV systems, and radio system at Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park and overseeing IT support services for end users (DZM staff) and conducting planning for future needs. The position requires the incumbent to be actively engaged in the daily operations of the department.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and maintain long-range strategic plans in conjunction with the VP, Administration & CFO to position the Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park to take advantage of and plan for emerging technologies.
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals and objectives, manages IT team, develops and manages departmental budget and spending.
- Develops tactical business plans. This would include operational and capital budgets, resource utilization planning (workstations, network copiers, network printers, etc) and allocation and contingency availability for both staff and equipment.
- Ensure effective & sufficient computing resources are maintained.
- Direct the pre and post implementation review of all major system installations to ensure realization of projected benefits and cost savings.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Zoo business requirements in order to direct and contribute to business technology plans.
- Manage department budget to include the purchasing of hardware and software.
- Oversee and provide (if necessary) technical support and troubleshooting for zoo staff on PC and Macintosh workstations including general troubleshooting and problem resolution of issues with hardware, software, network copiers and network printers.
- Manage technical support resources and troubleshooting for zoo point of sale (POS) system and oversee support provided by IT team.
- Ensure effective network connectivity for zoo and aquarium is maintained including: network switches, public wireless access points and DZM staff wireless access points.
- Direct the regular/scheduled maintenance of network servers
- Oversee the monitoring of the condition of existing fiber optic and CAT6/CAT5 network connections
- Monitor and strategically plan future network connectivity & switch needs and direct the design and installation.
- Oversee maintenance and or coordination of multiple auxiliary IT disciplines including but not limited to: radio system (including licenses), phone system, servers, analog lines for faxes & alarms, CCTV system support, and the Emergency Text Message distribution list.
- Supervise internal information technology staff as well as contract staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have five to seven years experience in management of workstation and server based systems, preferably with previous experience with network equipment, phone systems, POS systems, CCTV systems and radio systems.
- Must have at least Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have fundamental knowledge of workstation and server architecture and network architecture.
- Must have excellent understanding of Microsoft directory structure and operating system.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office modules including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Must have familiarity with database programming, and familiarity with SQL, FoxPro, and Access databases.
- Must have strong analytical skills for problem resolution.
- Must have ability to conduct one-on-one and small group training presentations.
- Must have good personnel management skills.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must have good project management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be proactive, a self-starter, and capable of working independently with little supervision as well as part of a team.
- Must be polite and professional and able to establish and maintain an effective rapport with all levels of management, employees and zoo guests.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be level headed in difficult situations, reacting quickly and positively to bring problems to resolution.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate Zoo vehicles and reliable transportation
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code ITMGR in the subject line to be considered.