GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVES (TEMP POSITIONS)
May 28, 2014
This temporary position is responsible for processing sales quickly, efficiently and accurately while maintaining outstanding customer service.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain all sales transactions at the Point of Sale cash registers.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently process school groups.
- Provide Zoo and animal information.
- Instruct guests with proper feeding techniques for animal encounters.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and keep supplies stocked.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to process information/sales through Point of Sale cash register system.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and associates.
- Must be able to operate all necessary equipment to perform the job.
- Must have excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible, reliable and a self-motivated team player.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to walk, stand for extended time, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and some evenings.
- Must be able to actively work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently to achieve positive results.
- Ability to demonstrate a welcoming and cooperative demeanor toward guests, staff, and volunteers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants MUST place job code GSRP in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.
EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com