EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR
Jan 15, 2015
This position is responsible for working with the Director of Education and education staff to coordinate the business operations of the department. Implement processes for efficient management of invoices, expenditures, supplies and marketing communications regarding programs. Additionally, this position will assist the Dean of Wild Earth Academy in implementing and managing databases. Assist the Director of Education and Dean in the development of partnership agreements. This position is the coordinator responsible for drafting the Education department budget and monitoring income and expense compliance according to approved budget. The incumbent will serve as a role model for the professional and efficient business administrative aspects of the department.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Director of Education and VP Conservation & Education in preparing budgets and program revenue forecasts and expense tracking
- Create program specific budgets including anticipated revenues and expenses
- Oversee overall department budget and track monthly expense/revenue against approved budget
- Coordinate tracking of expense and receipts for all Education programming
- Provide monthly revenue summaries to the Director of Education
- Serve as project coordinator to implement a strategic marketing and external communications plan for the education department and Wild Earth Academy which focuses marketing efforts to raise the profile of the Dallas Zoo’s educational program offerings to the community and recruit participants for programs.
- Assist Dean of Wild Earth Academy in development and management of databases for citizen science and conservation rewards programs as these are identified.
- Assist Dean and VP of Conservation & Education with the business management of the Advanced Inquiry Program for master’s degree students in partnership with Miami University.
- Assist with the design and coordination of special event logistics (Ex. Science Day, Party for the Planet, Homeschool Day, Literacy Day, etc.). Coordinate needs with SSA (booth placement, required Zoo staff/scheduled, Community Partners represented)
- Assist Reservation Supervisor with departmental data deliverables including numbers served/reached
- Serve as a project coordinator interfacing with the graphics department on promotional communications related to education programs. This includes print and electronic ads, booth registrations, printed program guides, social media requests, etc.
- Perform monthly building inspections (Environmental Management System, Safety & Building Checklists), collect daily vehicle checklists, and coordinate MSDS for education department.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A. /B.S. in Education, Communication, Management, General Business or related field required.
- Project coordination/management skills and experience with budgets required.
- Must have strong MS Excel skills.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of teaching and administrative duties.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances.
- Must be able to work outside.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate Zoo vehicles and reliable transportation.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to ZooJobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code EDADMC in the subject line to be considered.