DALLAS ZOO RECEPTIONIST / STATION ONE
Sep 11, 2013
This position performs a wide variety of reception and dispatch duties in addition to operating the Zoo’s switchboard. Provides general zoo and specific attraction/event information including information about the Zoo, hours of operation, memberships, etc. and is the initial point of contact via telephone for zoo visitors, staff and business professionals. Deals directly with guests for information including customer comments, and at times, customer complaints. Provides minor first aid. Performs clerical support duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is not intended to include all of the specific tasks which an employee in this position may be expected to perform.
- Monitors two way radio and performs dispatch duties for zoo wide radio communication. Operates two-way radio and communicates with Zoo staff.
- Answers Zoo switchboard, provides general and event information or routes calls to appropriate staff member.
- Assists the public, staff or others in person by providing information or directions to zoo areas.
- Coordinates emergency calls. Records emergency communication activities.
- Assists with training new staff members on reception duties.
- Administers minor first aid.
- Assists with locating lost children via two-way radio.
- Distributes USPS and interoffice mail daily.
- Opens and closes the Station One (reception) office.
- Provides clerical support including but not limited to ordering office supplies, scheduling rooms, answering phones and writing emails, project work, etc.
- Enters data into databases, records customer comments, daily operations reports, etc.
- Occasionally performs other guest service duties, including cashiering. Sells admissions, monorail tickets and other items as needed.
- Completes shift paperwork, including any emergency notes.
- Makes announcements via Public Address system.
- Makes nametags.
- Operates copy machine and various audio visual equipment, monitors activity throughout the shift.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have one year experience in high volume telephone, cashier or customer service work
- Must have possession of, or ability to obtain, a current first aid certificate.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations, gather information and respond appropriately.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Knowledge and ability to operate standard office equipment including personal computer (Microsoft Office and Outlook), and multi-line telephone, two way radio, and photo copier.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously or during one-time intervals.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends, occasional evenings and holidays that may be assigned.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter tozoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code ST1REP in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.
EOE M/F/D/V www.dallaszoo.com