BUILDING MAINTENANCE TRADES HELPER
Sep 26, 2014
This is an entry level position in Building Maintenance assisting skilled trade worker’s involving the maintenance, repair and new construction within the confines of the Dallas Zoo and the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with all types of fencing, carpentry, welding, electrical, and various types of work involved in the maintenance, upkeep, and repair of the Zoo & aquarium facilities.
- Cleans and stores tools and equipment and work sites.
- Assists other trades and departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have at least two or more years experience and/or knowledge of basic hand tools, power hand tools and equipment. Previous building maintenance or construction experience a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with others.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders, and lift/carry 70lbs.
- Must be able to be work weekends, holidays, nights or evenings as needed.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license to operate Zoo vehicles and reliable transportation.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter tozoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants MUST place job code BMTH in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.