AFTER CAMP INSTRUCTOR (PART-TIME, SEASONAL POSITIONS)
Feb 3, 2015
Observe and monitor children in an after camp setting at the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park. Summer schedule will be Monday-Friday afternoons, up to 20 hours/week. Candidates must be available June through August. This is a non-benefited, part-time position. Schedule varies by program.( June 8 – August 21, 2015)
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organization of indoor and outdoor activities, games, and crafts.
- Administering snacks.
- Responsible for cleaning up materials and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances.
- Must be able to work outside.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- At least one year of experience working with children (ages 3-13) in a child care setting is preferred
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter to zoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code ACINST in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.