Apr 23, 2014
This Administrative Assistant position primarily provides clerical administrative support to the Vice-President of Conservation & Education and other Vice Presidents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide clerical support including but not limited to ordering office supplies, scheduling meetings, answering phones, writing emails, project work, typing, data entry, copying, maintaining files, processing incoming/outgoing correspondence.
- Assist VPs with managing calendar. Schedule and reserve travel as requested.
- Assist with managing information flow with Dallas Zoo’s Conservation Partners in the U.S. and other countries, coordinate receipt of regular reports, maintain information files and maintain memorandums of understanding in current and complete conditions. Develop and monitor tracking system for payments and oversee expenses from the Conservation budget. Assist with the development and production of information and reports on these projects.
- Assist VP with the professional interaction and support of assigned Committees of the Board of Directors, including coordinating calendars, set-up for meetings and drafting minutes and pertinent reports.
- Maintain database for Dallas Zoo research and conservation projects. Assist with distribution of research proposals and coordination of responses. Facilitate scheduling of staff review committee as needed.
- Monitor monthly budget reports for the Division; assist with processing purchases, travel, etc as requested.
- Monitor acquisitions and management of the Zoo library for staff and volunteers; ensure payment of annual subscriptions and maintain registration of library
- Operate various audio/visual equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least two years plus administrative clerical experience.
- Work experience in an educational and/or conservation environment is preferred. Familiarity with zoo-related, natural history and conservation terminology a strong plus.
- HS Diploma or GED required, 2 or 4-year college degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Requires a positive attitude and strong work ethic with the desire to work as a team member.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness of work.
- Ability to be organized and multi-task within timelines.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing, and edit work for spelling and grammar.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher).
- Must be a Texas resident at the time of employment.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license (to operate Zoo vehicles) and reliable transportation.
How to apply
Apply online: You may download an application or e-mail a resume with cover letter tozoojobs@DallasZoo.com. Be sure to place the job code of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Job codes are on the individual job listings.
Apply by mail: Download and mail a completed application or resume with cover letter to: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 650 S. R.L. Thornton Frwy Dallas, TX 75203
Apply by fax: Download and Fax a completed application or resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources at 469.554.7388.
Apply in person: You may complete and turn in an application or drop off a resume with cover letter, Attn: Human Resources.
Please note: All applicants desiring to be considered for more than one posted position must apply for each position separately.
Due to the heavy volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews and/or further screening will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to ZooJobs@DallasZoo.com. All applicants MUST place job code CEDAA in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnamera.