Scout Badge Programs
Thank you for your interest in the Dallas Zoo Scout Badge program. At this time, we are not offering any daytime badge workshops. The program offerings for the 2015-2016 year include a Twilight Safari Night Hike and Lights Out Overnights. There are three different overnight experiences to choose.
- Lights Out: Senses Safari (targeted for you ages 6-14)
- Lights Out: Buggin Out (for Girl Scout Brownies to earn their Bug Badge)
- Lights Out: Habitat Hoopla (for Girl Scout Juniors to earn their Animal Habitat Badge)
For more information, available dates, and to register please visit the Night Programs webpage.
Reservations must be made at least two (2) weeks in advance. Overnights are not exclusive to your group and we may book multiple groups in one night (maximum of 50 participants per night). We require all participants to be preregistered. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that subsequent requests for additional guests to your group can be accommodated. For large groups, we will accept a minimum deposit for 15 participants although we do ask you provide an accurate estimate of your total headcount at registration.
Accommodations: Sleeping spaces will be assigned based on several factors, including availability, group size, and staffing, and are not exclusive to your group. Groups should be prepared to share sleeping spaces. Groups of more than 25 participants may be split into separate sleeping spaces. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee separate sleeping spaces for groups with co-ed chaperones and youth participants.
Chaperone Guidelines: Chaperones must accompany participants throughout the overnight experience, including all walks, tours, and activities. Please ensure that there is a sufficient number of chaperones to supervise your group at all times.
What should I bring/not bring?
- A flashlight (it gets dark) and refillable water bottle are encouraged (please no glass bottles). We do not allow outside food or beverages (except water) on our programs.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Electronic equipment, aside from cameras, is not allowed, and while we do allow adults to carry cell phones we ask that you refrain from using them unless it is an emergency.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption are not allowed during our programs. We reserve the right to search any coolers you bring into the Zoo, and if you are found with alcohol, you may be asked to leave the program with your group, and your overnight will NOT be refunded.
- Please do not bring pets or other animals with you on your program – we have plenty for you to see!
Lights Out Overnights will be held rain or shine. The Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to cancel or change any program for reasons we deem appropriate. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within two weeks of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. Reschedule requests must be received in writing at least 2 weeks in advance of your scheduled program date. No credits or refunds will be issued for changes or cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups.
The Education Office is open Monday-Friday during regular Zoo hours. Contact us at Education@DallasZoo.com or 469.554.7300.