Dallas Zoo’s Wild Earth Expeditions
We’re excited to share that we’re taking our Wild Earth Expeditions to the seas in 2018! We’re planning cruises to the Nassau, Bahamas in January 2018, and to the Galapagos Islands in June 2018 – each with its own unique experiences to highlight ecological and wildlife conservation efforts in the spectacular destinations along each route. And we can’t wait for you to set sail with us!
Dallas Zoo staff will accompany our group on each cruise, helping lead excursions and guide discussions so you walk away with a better understanding of how we can all work together to create a better world for animals, all around the world.
See below for details about upcoming trips. We’ll continue to update this space with more information on these – and more – Wild Earth Expeditions!
South Florida / Bahamas Eco-Tour
Tuesday, January 2 – Friday, January 5, 2018
Norwegian Cruise Lines – Norwegian Sky (vessel)
Ports: Miami – Nassau, Bahamas – Great Stirrup Cay – Miami
Leaving out of Miami on the gorgeous Norwegian Sky ship, we’ll head to Nassau for a day where you can relax on the beach or choose from more than 40 excursions to suit your adventure level. From there, we’ll cruise to the pristine natural habitat of Great Stirrup Cay, the only eco-fun private island destination in the Caribbean, for snorkeling, birding, nature hikes, kayak tours and more. Once we’re back in Miami, we’ll extend the fun for at least one more night (or two, if you’d like) with a post-cruise conservation-themed excursion on Friday with our group in the Miami area.
- FOCUS ON CONSERVATION: The Dallas Zoo team will host an on-board pre-dinner reception each day to share content about local conservation challenges and efforts, including issues affecting coral reefs, island ecology and conservation, and how sustainability and green practices play a role in eco-tourism.
- ENJOY THE PERKS: Norwegian Sky features a free open bar, and our guests can select additional amenities upon booking – including:
- 3-night specialty dining package for 2 guests
- $50-per-port shore excursion credit
- $75 on-board credit
- Pre-paid service charges for 2 guests
- 250-minute Wi-Fi package
Starts at just $678 per person for double occupancy / inside room, based on availability
- Does not include airfare or hotel pre- or post-cruise, if needed
Reserve your spot now to get your choice of staterooms on the ship!
- We have inside, ocean view, and balcony staterooms secured in our room block – our Dallas Zoo trip coordinator can share additional details on pricing based on room availability when you make your trip deposit.
To secure your spot on the upcoming South Florida / Bahamas Eco-Tour:
- Deposit of $289 is due ASAP to reserve your stateroom
- Full payment is due by October 19, 2017 to confirm your trip
Click here to place a deposit for the South Florida / Bahamas Eco-Tour
For more information or with questions about this trip, please email WildEarthTrips@dallaszoo.com.