- This event has passed.
Safari Nights Powered by Breeze Energy: Memphis Soul
May 20 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree with admission
Cricket chirps aren’t the only sounds you’ll hear on Saturday nights at the Zoo this summer. Original artists and tribute bands will fill the park with music during our Safari Nights Powered by Breeze Energy concert series on Saturdays.
For 11 consecutive Saturday nights, May 6 to July 15, guests can embrace a blend of nature and live music on shady Cat Green. Bring blankets or lawn chairs to enjoy the show, or reserve a private cabana that includes chairs and fans under a tent.
Get close to stars of the Zoo’s Animal Adventures outreach program and catch a special presentation of Wonders of the Wild, presented by Kimberly-Clark, the dynamic, interactive wildlife show featuring birds and mammals from all over the world.
Food will be available for purchase, along with soft drinks, cold beer and wine. Events and activities begin at 5 p.m. with bands going on around 7 p.m.
- May 20 – Memphis Soul: Eight-piece group delivering Motown and classic dance hits
- May 27 – A Hard Night’s Day: The Beatles’ best music
- June 3 – Trout Fishing in America: Family-friendly eclectic folk
- June 10 – The O’s: Acoustic instrumental catchy pop songs
- June 17 – Ice House: Dynamic and high-energy party hits
- June 24 – Rebirth Brass Band: New Orleans brass and jazz
- July 1 – Four Way Street: Musical tribute to Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
- July 8 – Escape: Journey’s greatest sing-a-long hits
- July 15 – Prophets and Outlaws: Red dirt Texas country jams
Keep in rhythm all evening with the following schedule:
- 5 p.m.: Conservation Station and Breeze Energy booth activities begin. The last Wilds of Africa Adventure Safari train departs the station.
- 5:30 p.m.: Enjoy Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo animal encounters, a Galapagos tortoise keeper talk or the day’s final Wild Encounters stage presentation.
- 6 p.m.: Listen to an elephant keeper talk or watch the Wonders of the Wild show presented by Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
- 6:30 p.m.: Enjoy a predator keeper talk, Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo animal encounters or an Animal Adventures presentation on Cat Green
- 7 p.m.: The Safari Nights concert begins on Cat Green.
- 7:30 p.m.: The Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo closes.
- 8 p.m.: Last admission tickets are sold; Prime Meridian food court, Gorilla Trail, herpetarium, giraffe feeding, Koala Walkabout presented by Kimberly-Clark Corporation, and Lorikeet Landing closes. Animals begin shifting inside for the evening.
- 8:30 p.m.: Zoo’s front gates close.
- 9 p.m.: The concert ends, and T-Rex Express mini-train and Endangered Species Carousel closes.
Please note that schedule may change; check the daily program sign next to the carousel for that day’s schedule.
Safari Nights Powered by Breeze Energy is free with Zoo admission, which is $15 for ages 12-64; $12 for ages 3-11 and seniors; and free for children under 2 and members. Gates open on Saturdays at 9 a.m. and parking is $8 per vehicle (free for members). Want to avoid traffic and not worry about driving? Take the DART Red Line to Dallas Zoo Station for curbside service.
Thanks to all of our sponsors: